Kim Patel works at VICE and has done a lot of work to help understand and prepare for Generation Z.
In her presentation at Digital Summit in Philadelphia, Kim shared the results of months of research VICE Insights has gathered to understand Generation Z.
The following is a smattering of what she shared.
- They are the largest of generations yet.
- They believe success is self-made.
- They believe practical skills, maker skills, opposed to education, will be the / are the differentiator in the path to progress.
- They expect help from brands.
- They identify by their personalities, their hobbies.
- They believe in responsible consumption.
- They can be, on a large scale, categorized as experimental and into escapism.
Major themes (views and points of influence) for this generation are to-date:
- Technology is a tool, not a burden
- Appreciate History